1. What is life expectancy? Describe how it varies with sex, raceethnicity, and social class.
2. List a few rules that would enable a person to live to an old age.
3. List three reasons why older Americans work full time or part time past the age of 65.
4. Give a suitable example of a companionate and supportive style of grandparenting.
5. Give a suitable answer that would serve as an example of apathetic siblings.
6. Discuss the various phases of grief.
7. Larry believes that there are more widowed women in the world than men. Give a suitable answer that would support and strengthen Larry’s belief.
8. Give a suitable answer that would be an example of a backup sibling.
9. Discuss the general strains of caregiving.
10. Jack believes that there is no way to fix America’s increasing health care costs. However, he believes that there are ways to curb costs. Give a suitable answer that would confirm and strengthen Jack’s belief.
Directions- Completely cover all aspects of the questions,
* Show an understanding of the principles and concepts,
* Show an understanding of the theoretical perspectives,
* Show an ability to apply the theoretical perspectives,
* Contain examples that reflect your understanding of the answer you have given, and
* Show some level of creativity, especially in giving examples that are not used in the book.