The project will involve analysing experimental data from a luciferase assay. The second part involves analysing RNASeq dataset.
A summary of the first part is written below project is written below. If you can do it, I will add further details.
Before the lockdown, I performed two experiments. During my literature review, I learned that COMP binds with TGF-Beta. So in one of the experiments, I simply stimulated TC28A2 cells (Smad Binding Element in them) with varying concentrations of TGF-Beta (0ng/ml, 0.001ng/ml, 0.01ng/ml, 0.1ng/ml, 1ng/ml, 10ng/ml, and 100ng/ml) and performed a Luciferase assay. I was able to perform three runs of this experiment before the lockdown. In the second experiment, I added varying concentrations of COMP(0ng/ml, 0.05ng/ml, 0.5ng/ml, 5ng/ml, 50ng/ml, 500ng/ml, and 1000ng/ml) to a fixed concentration of TGF-Beta (1ng/ml) to form a COMP-TGF-Beta complex and then stimulated the cells with this complex. This fixed concentration (1ng/ml) was informed by the earlier TGF-Beta experiment. I was able to perform only two runs of this experiment.