1. Explain the rationale for introducing multi-agency Youth Offending Teams (YOTs) and whether these have been successful.
2. Discuss whether the reduction in recorded youth crime, sentencing, and imprisonment has been matched by its level of (de)politicisation in England and Wales.
3. Evaluate the extent to which the Taylor Report (2016) has resulted in decentralisation of youth justice and a return to social work approaches through local authority childrens services.
4. Select one youth justice initiative and examine the evidence on the extent to which it has been successful in preventing and/or deterring youth crime.
5. Investigate the evidence for explanations of the resurgence of knife crime among young people and whether it represents an end to falling youth crime.