In your essay be sure that you address these issues:
a. Do you understand the basic theme that your chosen question is addressing? Can you clearly state your big idea?
b. Do you have a series of specific works of art that you can use as evidence for your position? Can you closely describe those works of art in terms of their subject matter (or function if architecture) and use of the visual elements? Can you use those works of art to illustrate your big idea?
Please feel free to speak to me I am happy to help! I want you to do well! Good luck!
When you have completed your essay (which should be between 500-750 words long) please upload your work to TWO locations on the Blackboard : First, upload it to the TURNITIN link below. Second, submit to this Assignment link.
Please copy the question out at the head of your essay! Thank you very much!
Midterm on Rome, Early Christian, Byzantine, Islam, Early Medieval, Late Medieval
CHOOSE ONE OF THE FOLLOWING ESSAYS
You have until May 11 at midnight to work on ONE of the essays below. Please take your time choosing the ONE that you can answer best.
1. How do innovations in Roman architecture fulfill the Romans propagandistic program? Use specific examples to illustrate your discussion.
2. Roman art is often described as being derivative of Greek art. How would you assess Roman art? Do you see any innovations in Roman art and architecture? Use specific examples to illustrate your discussion.
3. Islamic culture from the Middle Ages (6th century to end of 14th century) is rich in art and architecture. Describe the art and architecture of Islam by using specific named works of art and architecture to illustrate your discussion.
4. Compare and contrast Early Christian and Byzantine artistic traditions in art and architecture. Please use specific named works of art to illustrate your discussion.
5. Describe the art of the manuscript in Islamic and Christian tradition on the Medieval European world. Please use specific named works of art to illustrate your discussion.
6. The pilgrimage was a major theme in the Medieval world. How did innovations in art and architecture accommodate this significant trend? Use specific examples to illustrate your discussion.
7. Describe the revival of Roman building techniques in Romanesque architecture and the innovative techniques used in both Romanesque and Gothic architecture. Use specific examples to illustrate your discussion.
8. Describe the transformative evolution in sculpture from the Romanesque to the Gothic periods. Use specific examples to illustrate your discussion