Please read article to answer questions: https://www.insidehighered.com/news/2014/09/16/endowed-chair-promotes-critical-thinking-rit
Synopsis of the article (50-75 words) – Do not write the questions, please look-up the word synopsis.
1. What is the main purpose of this article?
2. What is the key question the author is addressing? (Figure out the key question in the mind of the author when w/he wrote the article)
3. What is the most important information in the article?
4. What are the main inferences/conclusions in the article? (Identify key conclusions the author comes to and presents in the article)
5. What are the key concepts we need to understand in this article? What does the author mean by these concepts?
6. What are the main assumptions underlying the authors thinking? (Figure out what the author is taking for granted (that might be questioned).
7. A. What are the implications if we take the authors line of reasoning seriously? (What consequences are like to follow if people take the authors line of reasoning seriously?) And, B: what are the implications if we fail to take the authors line of reasoning seriously?
8. What are the main points of view presented in the article? (What is the author looking and how is s/he seeing it?)