In this policy paper you will provide a critical analysis of the question ‘Should street sex work be a criminal offence in Victoria: Yes, maybe, or no?’
1. Examine and identify key issues in current policy;
2. Identify the shortcomings of existing policy;
3. Apply the best and most up-to-date research to help understand these issues and
propose a solution/improvement of policy;
The assignment MUST have the following sections (use the following sub-headings).
1.Background on the issue: why and how is street sex work constructed as a problem that policy must address? What are the major issues that must be considered?
2. Contemporary policy approaches to street sex work in Victoria and Australia;
3. Shortcoming and inadequacy of the existing policy approaches;
4. Suggested changes: what do you think should be done in order to successfully address the issue and minimise harm? You need to elaborate on why you think this is the best way of dealing with the issue and use evidence to support these claims.
Your policy paper needs to be concise, straightforward, organised, logical, thoughtful, well researched, written, and argued. It needs to be supported with evidence and properly referenced, with a minimum of 8 peer-reviewed references.